Proposed starting and end date of action: 01/06/12-30/11/14
Actual starting and expected end date of action: 01/06/12-30/11/14
The Department of Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment (DE-MANRE) was the Coordinating Beneficiary (CB) and was legally responsible for the monitoring and management of the technical aspects of the project. The DE-MANRE had also the responsibility for the financial management, reporting and liaison with the Commission, the promotion and dissemination of the project results and the overall control of the workflow on the time frame scheduled as per the proposal. The CB was supported throughout the whole project duration by N&A, through the assignment of management duties to a senior member of its personnel for the overall project management and preparation of all relevant reporting. For the successful execution of the project and in order to ensure the synchronization and co-ordination of efforts across the project actions, a Project Management Team (PMT) between DE-MANRE and N&A was formulated. The PMT’s role included the day-to-day operational management activities and administrative responsibilities. A Project Steering Committee (PSC) was also formed, comprising of representatives of the CB and all ABs as well. The primary function of the PSC was to supervise the project progress, provide assistance to the project when required, resolve any queries or conflicts and disputes, ensure timely delivery of the reports, approve and formally accept the project deliverables. To ensure efficient communication and management, the timely completion of actions and the high quality content of each deliverable, Action Leaders (AL) had been assigned for each action. Each AL was responsible to provide an end-of action report to the PMT.
Overall coordination by the Coordinating Beneficiary and the PMT:
- Communication and liaison with the EC;
- Communication with the External Monitoring Team for reporting related issues;
- Overall control for the workflow on the timeframe scheduled as per the proposal throughout the project duration;
- Day-to-day operational management activities and administrative responsibilities for the successful execution of the project and in order to ensure the synchronization and co-ordination of efforts all across the project, throughout the project duration;
- Preparation of Progress Monthly Reports, Technical and Financial Reports; Distribution of Monitoring Protocol to all Partners;
- Project monitoring and delegation of works;
- Review of End-of-Action Reports and monitoring for the implementation of monitoring indicators as developed in the monitoring protocol;
- Preparation of updated output indicators;
- Regular meetings to address and resolve outstanding issues;
- Records of meeting minutes;
- Optimizing flow of information via email among project partners;
- Timely preparation of deliverables;
- Provision of guidance to partners who did not have previous experience with LIFE projects;
- Organization of an Introductory and Final Conference;
- Organization of three Stakeholder Consultation meetings;
- Keeping records of established contacts and information channels with key decision makers;
- Keeping records for the information distributed in the interested parties;
Reporting to EC – Coordinating Beneficiary/Project Management Team
MANRE and the Project Management Team were responsible for submitting the required reports directly to the European Commission and all the associated beneficiaries were responsible for providing the necessary input for the preparation of the reports. In addition, MANRE performed a complete financial coordination including financial transactions, continuous assessment of expenditure/resources and evaluation of supporting financial documentation. During the course of the project three progress reports, inception amid-term and a final report were produced and reported to the EC.
Project Management Team (PMT)
For the successful execution of the project and in order to ensure the synchronization and co-ordination of efforts across the project actions, a Project Management Team was formulated. The Project Management Team’s role included the day-to-day operational management activities and administrative responsibilities. During the course of the project implementation it has been agreed that the Project Management Team meets up each month for the project organization and the preparation of the Monthly Progress Reports for submission to the External Monitoring Team. The Project Management Team also performed evaluation of the project monitoring and delegation of works to all associated beneficiaries and provides guidance to those that did not have previous experience with LIFE projects.
Project Steering Committee (PSC)
The primary function of the Project Steering Committee was to supervise the project progress, provide assistance to the project when required, resolve any queries or conflicts and disputes, ensure timely delivery of the reports, approve and formally accept the project deliverables. The comments of the PSC on the progress of the project and issues to be resolved were forwarded to all the personnel involved in the project through the Project Management Team. Furthermore, the PSC promoted a more active Stakeholder involvement during the project, through their respective industry sectors resulting in a wider and more efficient dissemination. The Steering Committee was comprised of representatives of the coordinating beneficiary and all the associated beneficiaries.
- Agendas and minutes of the meetings
- Inception report
- Interim (mid-term) report
- Final Report
- Layman΄s report in paper and electronic format
- Financial audit